lunes, 18 de enero de 2010

"Angel eyes", by Earl Brent (1953)

Versión de Sting del álbum de Leaving Las Vegas:

have you ever had the feeling
that the world's gonna left you behind
have you ever had the feeling
that you're that close to losing your mind.

you look around each corner
hoping that she's there
you try to play it cool perhaps
pretend that you don't care
but it doesn't do a bit of good
you've got to see 'till you find
or you'll never know why.

try to think that love's not around
still it's uncomfortably near
my old heart in cane and no ground
because my angel eyes ain't here.

angel eyes that hold devil scent
they glow unbearably bright
need I say
that my love's misspent
misspent with angel eyes tonight.

so drink off all you people
all that anything you see
have fun you happy people
the drink and the laughs 're on me.

pardon me, but I got to run
the fact's uncomfortably clear
got to find who's now number one
and why my angel eyes ain't here.

tell me why my angel eyes ain't here
ask him why my angel eyes ain't here
excuse me while I disappear.

No hay comentarios: